BB Trading for Amibroker (AFL)
Bollinger bands are a technical analysis tool invented by John Bollinger in the 1980s. Having evolved from the concept of trading bands, Bollinger bands can be used to measure the highness or lowness of the price relative to previous trades.
Bollinger bands consist of:
- a middle band being an N-period simple moving average (MA)
- an upper band at K times an N-period standard deviation above the middle band (MA + Kσ)
- a lower band at K times an N-period standard deviation below the middle band (MA − Kσ)
Typical values for N and K are 20 and 2, respectively. The default choice for the average is a simple moving average, but other types of averages can be employed as needed. Exponential moving averages are a common second choice. Usually the same period is used for both the middle band and the calculation of standard deviation.
Submitted by iknow_u2_2 almost 7 years ago
- %B of Bollinger Bands With Adaptive Zones
- Trend Bands
- Bollinger - Keltner Bands
- Bollinger %B
- Bollinger Band Squeeze & Expansion
- Jurik's Spandex Band
Please login here to leave a comment.